Dragana Skoro
2012 was not a good year for me. It was not even an ok year. Come to think of it, 2012 was one of the worst years I've ever had. And those of you who know me, they can tell you - I've had my share of tough times before. But never this much death and grief has piled up in ONE SINGLE YEAR. Never.  Between April and December, we have dealt with 4 (yes, four!) deaths of people that were very dear to us.  A favourite cousin of mine, my mother, my husband's step dad, and a very dear friend of mine, well, a sister really.  A bit too much, don't ya' think?  I was so glad when it ended. I hope it ended.  2013 has to be better, I can not see it being any worse.

Through all of this, I have crafted, but never posted anything.  Blogging was not on my mind.  I would like to get back into it.  I really, really would, but life has a way of getting in my way.  So no promises this time, ok? 

Here is a quick project I did yesterday.  It was made with some pre-order stuff (these cute umbrellas, as well as clouds embossing folder) from Stampin' Up Spring catalogue.  So much stuff I like in there!  Check the sidebar of my blog for the catalogue if you haven't seen it yet.  I also used some of the retired stuff, some other SU stuff, as well as some non-SU stuff ("Puffy Clouds" die from Memory Box).  


I almost never do the inside of my cards.  Ask my husband.  Every time I make a card and go to him to show it off, he opens a card, hoping to find something, and almost never, ever, there is anything there.  Well, just for you honey, here ya' go....




I am looking forward to 2013 and moving on. I would like to craft and blog more.  The only resolution is to cherish every day that comes my way and is filled with happiness. 



 
5 Responses
  1. Hello Dragana,
    How my heart aches for you. Such terrible loss!
    Mending from all that heartache and pain will be one day at a time - you have it exactly right. From my experience you never stop missing, you never stop feeling the tears prick behind your eyes, even as I write this now but time does start to smooth the hurt a little.
    Do what feels right for you. If crafting helps - do it. If blogging works do that too becasue we out here in blogland will add our positivity too!
    Most of all - be kind be kind to you!
    Look out there's a big Aussie hug coming your way.
    Julie


  2. Becky Says:

    My heart and prays goes out to you Dragana.
    Beautiful cards.


  3. Emkay Says:

    I am so very sorry for what you and your family went through last year. I hope and pray that this year will be better for you all.

    Joining Julie's Aussie hug with an English hug!

    Your card is wonderful, and the inside decoration is adorable!


  4. MiamiKel Says:

    Hello Dragana, so nice to see you this year - I have been thinking of you and hoping all is well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I do pray that 2013 will be a better year for you! Your card is wonderful! Blessings!


  5. Lynn McAuley Says:

    What a difficult year it has been for you and your family. I pray that 2013 will be a year of love, peace, and joy for you all.

    I love your beautiful card! It is perfect inside and out!

    My mother is much like your husband. She opens every card I create and they are always empty. I never add the greeting until I mail them out.


Related Posts with Thumbnails