Dragana Skoro
It's been very long since my last post. I kept my self very busy with my clubs, classes, family, house. I've been doing a lot, but wasn't really in a mood for "Show and Tell". I will try to make up for it in this post. Let me see, what do I want to start with?

We had some lovely weather here. I was gardening a lot and spending a lot of time with my boys exploring our new town. Here is a picture from the last weekend, we went kite flying and it was a great day.


The boys always enjoy helping with gardening. This year I decided to make our own garden labels. They are made of aluminum flashing and hanging wire (local hardware store), chalkboard vinyl (SU), ball chain (Etsy). All you need is Big Shot, some dies and embossing folders, and a crop-a-dile. Lookie:


I liked this so much, I combined it with something totally different. If you are anything like me, you have your fridge so cluttered with everything under the sun, that you can not see a tree from the woods. Our kitchen is where we do our homework, play board games, build Lego... And somehow, all of this finds its way to the top of my fridge. All the pencils and erasers and sharpeners... I got tired of it and this is what I made:



These are made from a tin my favourite tea is packed up in.


I covered it with SU paper, Tim Holtz tissue tape and attached a few rare Earth magnets on the back. I now have all our pencils and small stuff tidy in these on the side of my fridge.

Mentioning Tim Holtz, while I was away from my blog, I also did something very neat. I took Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry class. That was so much fun!!!


Guess what one of my next classes will be. Guess correct and you get $5 off the registration fee for my class.

One more thing for today... Were you wondering what that OUCH was in my title? Well, let me tell you... SU published the retiring list of stamps yesterday. I don't want to tell you how many of my stamps are retired now. Way too many!!! Shhhhh! Don't tell my hubby - he comes to my blog here and there, he doesn't even know I have that many stamps to begin with. LOL. I think I will keep some of those for personal use, and sell most of them... SO, come June 1st, there will be lots of stamps for sale. If you are somewhere near me, you might want to come to my June Open House and check it out. But here - take a look at the list for yourself, these stamps are available only until June 1st:



OK, that is it for now. Hopefully I won't be as long until the next post as I were last time. Fingers and toes crossed. I hope I somewhat made up for it.

Blog ya' later,

13 Responses
  1. It is good to mix up what you do Dragana. I like recycling and repurposing very much. Your tins look terrific.

    I signed up for the Tin Holtz class but have been way too busy to really do much more than skim around. Maybe in a few weeks!


  2. Tammy Says:

    Love your tags, very clever and useful! I too took Tim Holtz's course and loved every second of it! Hope he has another soon.


  3. Becky Says:

    How creative! Your tins look fabulous. Wonderful tags


  4. Craft Paper Says:

    Such a cute idea. I really like the tags and the papers you used!


  5. Lynn McAuley Says:

    I love these awesome metallic tags, Dragana!! So perfect for so many things!!

    I'm so glad I have that little embossing folder! Now I can give this a try!


  6. MiamiKel Says:

    There you are! Glad all is well and you are just busy ... Love your repurposed can!!


  7. ddazzled71 Says:

    Your plant labels and fridge caddies for your pencils and other stuff are fabulous Dragana. They would be perfect items for craft fairs. No doubt retirement lists and new products mean a busy time ahead for both SU and yourself. Enjoy!


  8. dawnmercedes Says:

    what a great way to recycle...and so darling...and organized!!


  9. Emkay Says:

    Lovely tins, and cute labels! Great work!


  10. I love the altered containers! Great job. I'm so jealous of the class you took, I bet you learned a lot.


  11. Karen Says:

    Love your tags Dragana. Your stuff boxes are awesome. It's amazing what we keep on top of the fridge. I am looking forward to seeing your creations using creative chemistry. I agree with you about the retirement list, especially the accessories...dies, punches and some have only been around for a year. Oh well, need to look forward to the new catalogue


  12. MiamiKel Says:

    HI there! Just wanted to say hi and as I went thru my blog roll, wanted to stop by and make sure you are okay :) I know it's a busy time for many and I hope that you are just busy and nothign more - blessings and hugs being sent your way! x0x0


  13. Lynn McAuley Says:

    Thinking of you and wishing you well.


Related Posts with Thumbnails