Dragana Skoro
I save a lot of stuff.  I save toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls to make castles with kids, I save jars and cans to make pencil holders, ornaments and who knows what else.  I would never throw out a pretty box or an outdated calendar with beautiful pictures.  You should see all the bottle caps, clock gears, aluminum pull tabs and old kitchen utensils piling up in my craft room.  I see purpose for all of those things.  It is not junk.  It is my treasure.  One of these days I will use it all and then you'll see.

I go to thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales religiously and collect little bits of what I think could be used at some point when I have time.  The biggest score, however, would be a bag of scrabble tiles, mahjong or rummikub tiles.  They make so many pretty things. I have my friends on lookout for me too.  When they go thrifty shopping, they know what to look for.  :-)  Wanna see what I made with these lately?  Don't forget - you can click on a picture, enlarge it, then you can click again and make it even bigger.  Lookie:
These are scrabble tile pendants (or earrings, I might change my mind), all made on real upcycled scrabble tiles salvaged from less than a rewarding life in the depths of thrift stores, repeatedly overlooked and ignored by shoppers.  Here is a close up of these beauties:
All these little pieces awake with new beauty and appreciation after their make over.   
These are Wizard of Oz dominoes.  Eventually, they will be key chains.  Or pendants.  Or magnets.  Or little bits in my shadow boxes to adore the walls of my studio.  Here is another set:
These game pieces will be drilled tomorrow night by my wonderful hubby using my trusted Dremel. Hopefully right side up.  Shhhh, I might tell you that story some other time.

Anyway, blog y'a later, 

 
5 Responses
  1. Lynn McAuley Says:

    I love these tiny treasures you have created, Dragana!! Such wonderful vintage Wizard of Oz images and the butterflies are stunningly beautiful!


  2. Dragana these are SUPER! I keep collecting and threatening but don't do anything. Now I think I am inspired!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    They are beautiful.


  4. MiamiKel Says:

    WOW! What a fantatic and inspiring post!! These are just beautiful! x0x0


  5. dawnmercedes Says:

    i have always wanted to make these...so jealous!


Related Posts with Thumbnails