Dragana Skoro
I know I've been absent for a long time again. And, you know, I don't feel bad this time. As usual, life has happened again, but this time it was different.

As many of you know, I arrived in Canada almost exactly 16 years ago. I came here by myself, no friends, no family, and I knew there would be good times as well as bad times ahead of me. In a year or so following my arrival, my sister arrived here, as well as the second cousin of mine with his wife and two very young daughters. We usually don't think of second cousins as someone very near and dear to your heart, but these cousins were different. Over the last 15 years they have become very important to me and very much loved. Their children grew into lovely young ladies with great future ahead of them. Until three years ago, when at age of 20, their older daughter Natasa was diagnosed with Ewing cancer. For three years she has been fighting this cruel illness with a courage of a lioness. When no one believed that she could get cured, she was certain she would get better. There was so much fate, bravery, wisdom and love in her young life. She was thought of as a miracle child after she managed to walk on her own again although no one believed it possible. And then, the cancer has returned. With a vengeance, attacking her body savagely and without mercy. And boy, did she fight!!! She fought back with every ounce of her mind and fate. Alas, this time she couldn't win.

So, if you wonder where I was for so long, how come I don't post - the life has happened again. Only, this time, the life was not something I wanted to talk about. These were the bad times.



Natasa Skoro, March 4th, 1987 - December 2nd, 2010

Look-up baby, it's all blue sky.
Put your hands in the air, and soar up high.
Get to know the angels, don't be shy.
Go on baby, go on - fly.


We love you Natasa...

1 Response
  1. Tamara Says:

    Oh Dragana,

    My friend, you are in my thoughts. What a terrible thing to happen to such a beautiful young woman. As i have told others who are unfortunately pushed through this tragedy, just take life one moment at a time. Many times a day is just to much at once.

    Take care my dear. Talk to you soon.


Related Posts with Thumbnails