Dragana Skoro
I have sold 150 - 200 cards this Christmas season. Different cards. Pretty cards, cute cards, funny cards... The best seller, by far was this one:





Supplies Used:
Paper: Natural White for card base, Always Artichoke (SU!), Whisper White (SU!), DP (can't remember which one)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!
Stamps: Mudzy's Predicament (High Hopes)
Other: dimensionals (SU!), Prisma pencils, baby oil, paper snips (SU!), craft knife.


This card makes me laugh. Or, it used to... I couldn't imagine anyone really doing this. It could only happen on Christmas cards and in movies like Fargo or such... Until yesterday. We took the kids up to Grouse. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had a blast. We threw snowballs at each other, slid down the hills on our bums, saw Santa and his reindeer. At the end of the day we were exhausted. While waiting for gondola to take us off the mountain, my two sons were standing and watching the trees over the fence separating us from a gondola. We were behind them talking to our friends. Next thing I know, Milan, my older son, turned to me to ask me something and I thought I would faint. At first I didn't know what happened, all I saw was this bloody mess on his face. As he saw my face, he got scared and started crying. It took me a second to realize that he "pulled a moose" on me. He put his lips on the fence while watching the forest. Well, good part of his lips stayed on the fence. Lesson learned. Today he is doing his show and tell in kindergarten - he will show them his lips and tell what happened so no one else would ever do it. :-) Too bad he was too upset for me to take his picture and scrap it.

Blog you later.
22 Responses
  1. *Sally* Says:

    Oh my goodness! I hope he is ok now? Sounds like you were having a fabulous time too!
    Love the card - and the phrase - pulling a moose!
    haha!


  2. Tenia Nelson Says:

    Poor kid...hope he gets well!! Congrats in your cards!! This card is totally cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

    -t


  3. Unknown Says:

    oh wow, you were busy this year, making so many cards. great job on this card, i love it.


  4. This card is really cute, but your poor son! I can't imagine how much that must hurt! I am sure the kids in his class will think twice before trying this after seeing his poor lips! :(


  5. Sharon Says:

    Boy oh boy! Sounds like he didn't even realize he had his mouth on the fence (didn't do it on purpose)! Poor little guy! Loved the card!


  6. Jan Says:

    Ouch! Poor little guy!
    This is a really cute card Dragana, no wonder it's your fave!


  7. sumbine Says:

    Such a funny card!
    I like this cute image.


  8. I love the card! That is soo funny!!


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Love the card!


  10. Jacquel Says:

    Wow, love your card and the coloring is fabulous! It is funny though and everyone needs a bit of laughter in their lives!!!


  11. Abi Bundy Says:

    love the card!


  12. Louise F NZ Says:

    Ohhhhh how awful! Poor Milan.
    Great card though and i can totally understand why it USED to make you laugh.


  13. Veronica Z Says:

    Ohh, your poor baby! Ouch, That must have hurt so much. I hope your little one is feeling better though.

    Your card is adorable, and I can see why it is so popular. Cute, cute!!


  14. I thought this stamp was sooo funny too until your story ): Oh my, I hope he is not in a lot of pain! My son "got sick" during his school christmas program last night...it's always something with little ones. Hope you are having a good holiday season (:


  15. Anonymous Says:

    The card is so cute! So sorry to hear about your lil guy...hope he heals well.


  16. Youch! I hope his story doesn't give anyone ideas to "try it" for themselves! Reminds me of a Christmas movie (with the bb gun kid) and someone licked the flagpole. Anyway - a very CUTE card!


  17. Anonymous Says:

    You sold THAT many!!! WOW!!!!

    Now I cannot even begin to imagine it being that cold...but I DO feel for your littlie!


  18. I can see why this was so popular, it totally rocks!! You are very talented and I love your work.


  19. Tina Says:

    Oh poor guy. Hope his show and tell goes good for him. Your card is just too cute! Love the moose you did a great job on coloring!


  20. Tammy Says:

    Darling card.


  21. Pia Says:

    Oh my goodness, your poor son!! I hope his lips are healing well. What a no-fun way to spend Christmas...

    And by the way, I'm right with you on the whole wanting to take his photo for his scrapbook!

    I love this card. Reminds me of the winters in Chicago when I was a kid!


  22. Sara Says:

    LOVE the card, but poor baby, hope he is better now!!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails