Dragana Skoro
Often times I am asked "What's new? What's coming up?". Well, I have news for you. You know that little jewelry of mine that I've been making lately? I am starting to work with some Canadian artists and was very fortunate to be allowed to use their work. I tell ya, their art will make this jewelry sparkle so bright!

The very first artist whose art I've used for my pieces is Regan McDonell. Regan is a full-time artist with a background in printmaking, collage, illustration and graphic design. Her work has included clients like Much Music and Feist, and Calvin Klein and Disney have bought her surface and textile designs. You're not wondering how I got so lucky to be able to use her art now, are you? What, my awesomeness is not enough to attract an immeasurable talent like hers? Ahem. You can check more of her wonderful work at her website - it's a feast for your eyes. Look what I've made though:



B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L if you ask me. Thanks, Regan!

There is another question I am asked often - how do I take my photos and what camera do I use? You really want to know? OK... My camera is Nikon D50 DSLR with a 18-200mm lens and I LOVE IT! As for the set up, I have a light box. A great tool, right? I take it out (if I know where I left it last time) and I set it up, all while praying there are no parts missing again, then under the mountains of stuff piled up on my desk I try to pull up what I want to take a picture of, only to find it on the floor covered by newly acquired supplies. If by now nothing went terribly wrong, no worries, this is when it often does. Wondering how? Guess who is sitting pretty on my chromakey blue backdrop? Well, see for yourself:


After a couple of minutes of me hoping he will just go away - he attacks my set up.



And this is when I throw my arms up in defeat and go and make a coffee. Nothing could be wrong with a day that a good espresso can't fix.

Now, you tell me blogging is easy peasy lemon squeezy? Not in my house... :-)


Blog ya later,
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails