Dragana Skoro
A while ago, I had these stickers from K & Company. I loved them, beautiful lady bugs, different sizes, colours and shapes. Some with open wings, some not, some with velum, some plain... Then I figured out how to make them, oh joy! One of my cards with lady bugs was posted few posts back and I promised a little tutorial on how to make these. This is my first tutorial ever, I apologize if it is too detailed or not detailed enough... But, as always, leave your comments and I will answer any possible questions, although I think I went into too many details if anything...

Here is what you need:

1. card stock and velum of your choice
2. circle punches (any size you like, I used 1/2" and 1 3/8")
3. some soft wire so you can shape it with your needle nose pliers (I couldn't find them, so I used craft and rubber scissors)
4. needle nose pliers or something else you can bend your wire with
5. adhesive of your choice (I used glue dots, Stampin' Up dimensionals and Tombo Multi)
6. paper scissors



Punch out two circles of bigger size for lady bug's body and one smaller one for a head. Also punch out a bigger size velum circle and one in DP for wings.



Cut velum and DP paper circles in half.



Next, bend a piece (about 1", maybe a bit more) of your wire like in the photo



It is easiest to use your needle nose pliers, but next step is to bend two ends like this



Using a pop-up dimensional and a glue dot (I use both so wire would attach more securely), attach the wire and lady bug's head to one of the circles you got ready for a body. Place an additional pop-up dimensional on the other circle to be used for the body.



And then sandwich them



Adhere velum wings to the body as shown



And then cover them with the card stock wings



Ose the assembled lady bug on a card or anything else that tickles your fancy...



Done.

I have some cards to post later. Until then, I hope you liked this tutorial.

Blog you later.
Labels: | edit post
11 Responses
  1. Victoria Says:

    Oh my what a great tutorial. They are so easy to make for such a great impact.

    Hmmm I'm seeing some Bella Rose lady bugs in my future. Thanks you so much.


  2. Unknown Says:

    so sooo cute!


  3. Oh, how fun! Thank you for posting this, I am so excited to try this (:


  4. Cris A Says:

    These are so cute. I swear I almost bought these the other day.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I'm so glad I stopped by and had a peak today ... your lady bug is darling. I am definately going to try and make one. Thanks so much for sharing!!!


  6. Okay, that is like the most adorable little lady bug ever :) I think I'm gonna go upstairs and make a dozen! Thanks for the great tutorial!!


  7. Stacy Says:

    Very cute!


  8. Thank you! Can't wait to try it!


  9. Collette Says:

    What a great job with the tutorial. I love the vellum underlayment - perfect.


  10. Hi Dragana, I am just visiting from Splitcoast blog comment thread. You left a comment on Carmen's blog. I noticed your name and came to see where you are from. Your name sounds European.
    Anyway, love your creations and I love lady bugs and I will have to try this idea. Thanks for sharing.


  11. Alesha Walls Says:

    Beautiful ladybugs & they look so easy to make.


Related Posts with Thumbnails